A kitchen remodel in Pittsburgh can greatly increase the value of your home. In addition, a remodeled kitchen gives you home a feeling of being in a new home to the cook and family members. However, a kitchen remodeling project can cost you more money than any other improvement project in your home. Nevertheless, remodeling your kitchen makes sense since the kitchen is the focal point of any home. For this reason, you want to ensure that it has a wonderful look.
If you are thinking about remodeling your kitchen in Pittsburgh, there are tips that you should follow to ensure that you get the best results from your project. They are as follows:
1. Determine your priorities: Know the traffic pattern in your kitchen. Your kitchen should have a walkway of about 36 inches in width and 42 inches work aisles. Avoid square and sharp corners on the counter tops if there are small children in your home. The microwave ovens should be installed in places where children cannot reach them.
2. Be practical when it comes to appliances: Although high price appliances are an ideal investment for great cooks, you can avoid them if you are not. There are many trusted brands that have great reviews from consumers and they can give you value for your money.
3. Maintain footprint: This simply means maintaining the existing walls and locating new fixtures adjacent to the plumbing pipes. This enables you to avoid bump-outs that can be costly.
4. Choose quality products: Purchase products with long warranty and low maintenance. Avoid low-quality bargains. Instead, focus on durability and functionality.
5. Lighting: Quality lighting in your kitchen will enable you to work efficiently and safely. Ensure quality task lighting under cabinets, over food preparation areas and sink. Also ensure ambient lighting in ceiling fixtures and wall sconces.
6. Reduce space to add storage: Installing cabinets up to the ceilings will enable you to store more things that you use rarely. Small shelving mounted inside the cabinet doors and unused walls can increase storage.
7. Talk to your plumber: Consulting your plumber before you embark on the remodeling process is very important. The plumber will not only guide you in planning your kitchen remodel in Pittsburg, but also in purchasing the right materials. You can contact Patete if you need professional kitchen remodeling in Pittsburgh. This way, you will always be certain that you are doing the right thing.